Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Leona Lewis...y/n?


What's up guys, it's Danielle aka BABY D from the Nu-Nu...A couple weeks ago, me and bri and asia were talking about the new r&b singer from the UK, winner of the X-factor TV show in England :Leona Lewis..she was discovered by simon cowell basically. she has the hit song "bleeding love" and overall her cd is great IMO.

i like her. i just think she lacks personality. she needs to be more energetic or something when she's on stage performing.

but we all have mixed opinions on her. the real question is...


what do YOU think of Leona Lewis?



(one of my favorite songs from Leona, her next single "better in time")

do you think she's a rip-off of Mariah Carey or does she offer something new?
let us know by posting us a comment here, or going on our facebook group.

Here's Mariah's take on Leona: The chart-topping singer insists she "didn't really hear any similarity" between Leona's music and her own, and claims there will never be a "new" Mariah.

She said: "Honestly, there has been so many, 'This is the new her,' and I'm like, 'Okay, show me the new her. Can she come and work for me and be my double?' "And I'm not particular talking about this girl Leona, because I only heard her once and I didn't really hear a true similarity, particularly in the style of music.

"It is what it is and critics have compared me to so many people who are not really singers, and they're certainly not writers."

0 comments: